Audio Clips

22 September 2011

Perry: You Don't Have a Heart Unless You Give Illegals In-State Tuition

During tonight's debate Rick Perry said that he doesn't believe you have a hear if you're willing to deny illegals in-state tuition.  He rightly points out that it was a state issue and I'm fine with Texas deciding to do that if that's what they want.  I find it insulting that he would say that I'm an uncaring creep if I don't feel like I should give preferential treatment to citizens of other countries that we don't give to residents of other states.  Why should the taxpayers subsidize people from other countries when they don't subsidize people from other states?  Why is pointing out that oddity an indication that I'm heartless, Mr. Perry?  I am less and less impressed with Rick Perry the more I learn about him.

No comments: